Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lunar New Year 2014 -- Year of the Horse

Happy New Year!  Are you curious about Chinese New Year?
Learn about it.
Read about the history of Chinese New Year.
Did you know that other cultures also celebrate Lunar New Year?  In Vietnamese culture it is sometimes referred to as Tet.

Scholastic has a good resource where you can learn more about China.
Check out this fun story about the Chinese Zodiac calendar.
If you like arts and crafts, check out this website.
Read about the Legend of Nian.
Finally, read these Chinese Proverbs and try to figure out what they are teaching you.

Bonus Question:  Teacherp was born in the year of the snake.  2013 was the year of the snake.  Can you figure out which year I was born?

17 comments:

  1. Bonus: 2001. --Alyana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does this mean I'm only 13 years old? Am I old enough to teach this class? :)

      Delete
  2. I read about Chinese New Year Mr. Prola! --Alyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonus: 1978. I did the activities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read some articles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the articles.
    ~Caitlyn Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Logan was here! Did the work. You were born in 1977.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonus Question: 1954?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the articles and found out i was a sheep well i think that that is interesting
    LOL ; )
    - Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read some of the articles. For the bonus question you were born in 1977

    Garrett:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read some articles.
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read some articles and you were born in 1977. You are 36 years old. (About) Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know it's really late, but you were born in 1977. --Alyana

    ReplyDelete