Sunday, May 12, 2013

5th Grade Debate Topics


We will be debating in class next week.  If you want to check out some of our debate topics ahead of time, here they are.
1.  Should the school day be longer?
2.  Should fifth grade be at the middle school?
3.  Should people be rewarded for recycling or fined if they don't?
4.  Traditional schools vs. virtual schools.
5.  Should schools stop selling chocolate milk?
6.  Should students be learning about agriculture?
7.  Do you prefer the metric or customary system of measurement?
8.  Should Pluto still be considered a planet?

What's your opinion?  If you feel strongly about one of these topics, state it in the comment section.
Check out our previous debate topics on the old teacherp website.

6 comments:

  1. I know this isn't ANYTHING related to debating, but I just wanted to let you know that when I grow up and I'm famous, I will make sure students in school will never EVER drown in a pile of homework problems related to surface area. I've experienced it today for homework. It was not fun. CONCLUSION: I hate surface area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the homework was so bad. I will review it with you tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. I vote Eryn 4 PRESIDENT.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, thank you very much.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mr. Prola!! Tomorrow a dollar from me will be kindly donated to you for you to buy a new ruler. I'm very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY sorry about what happened to your "good, blue ruler." I seriously do not know what had happened to it. It had disappeared the day after we went to the math lab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Prola,
      I have too, lost your wonderful, flexible ruler. I am not sure of its whereabouts, and am currently looking for it. Hopefully I find it by tomorrow, I shall return it. If I do not, I will replace it with another ruler. I fear I have to many of them!

      Delete