Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Poems All Fifth Graders Should Read

Willow and Gingko -- Eve Merriam
The Duel -- Eugene Field
Paul Revere's Ride -- Longfellow
Acquainted with the Night -- Robert Frost
The Cremation of Sam McGee -- Robert Service
Barbara Frietchie -- John Whittier
Dreams -- Langston Hughes
The Arrow and the Song -- Longfellow
Jabberwocky -- Lewis Carroll
Little Orphant Annie -- James Riley
The Children's Hour -- Longfellow (This one reminds me of my kids.)
Harlem (A Dream Deferred) -- Langston Hughes (My personal favorite.)

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany is all wonderlandianDecember 11, 2015 at 7:02 PM

    I like the poem Jabberwocky. The jabberwocky and the weird characters in the poem is actually in a book I read. It was the third book in the " Ever After High " series.

    ReplyDelete