Thursday, April 18, 2013

More Poetry to Share

The Swing -- Robert Louis Stevenson
Sea Fever -- John Masefield
Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening -- Robert Frost
Wynken, Blynken, and Nod -- Eugene Field
Helen Keller -- Langston Hughes
Where the Sidewalk Ends -- Shel Silverstein.
The Say Hey Kid -- Sue Mason

Do you have a poem that you think should be shared?  Send me a comment and I will post it if I can.
Lauren recommends The Fisherman.
Maggie likes Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too.
Rowan-James found The Road Not Taken .
Chloe enjoys Rock 'N' Roll Band .
A "Purple" student likes Dream Dream Dream.
Allison shared A Boundless Moment.
Allison also shared A Dream Pang.
Michael likes Baseball Canto.
Chris shared Granny's Little Laptop.
Chris also shared A Swing and a Miss.


17 comments:

  1. One of a poem I found is called "Fisherman" and it's by Abbie Farwell Brown. -Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Maggie and I have a poem,Ickle Me,Pickle Me,Tickle Me Too By:Shel Silverstein
    P.s Maddie and I found this poem in class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i recommend the poem "Rock and Roll Band" by Shel Silverstein it is a cute poem.- Chloe the Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gandalf The Purple ( the anonymous person )April 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM

    I found a really nice poem on the internet. It is called "Dream Dream Dream" by Shashikant Nishant Sharma. Can this be my poem for class even though it's only on the internet? I can write it down for class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an idea, but I'm not 100% sure who Gandalf the Purple is. Would your "Purpleness" like credit for finding this poem?

      Delete
    2. You may use this as the poem you share with the class. There is no need to write it down as I can pull it up on a computer or ipad.

      Delete
    3. Gsndalf The Purple ( the anonymous person )April 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM

      Sorry, this is the Anonymous G Person...

      Delete
    4. I had a feeling that is was you. ---- Gandalf ----

      Delete
  6. I found another poem by Robert Frost called "Dream Pang".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another poem that I found is "Pet Port a Potty" by Kathy J. Parenteau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win the prize for the most poetry submissions.

      Delete
  8. An interesting poem I found was by Langston Hughes "Helen Keller".

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Baseball Canto"By Lawrence Ferlinghetti-MIchael

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found the poem "Swing and a Miss" by Patrick J. Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also found "Granny's Little Laptop" by Roann Mendriq.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is the link to Poem 'Dream Dream Dream' by Shashikant Nishant Sharma
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/dream-dream-dream-2/

    ReplyDelete