Friday, November 1, 2013

Using Context Clues

You must be able to use context clues to figure out what unfamiliar words mean when you read.  Why should you know this?  It is too time consuming to look up every new word you come across when you are reading a complex text.  This should be saved for the most difficult words only.

Try out some of these activities and lessons:
Context Clues online
Context clues activities: beginning, intermediate & difficult 
Difficult context clues quiz. 
Kid's Lab -- context clues 
Context Clues Cows (just for fun)

23 comments:

  1. I did the activities!- Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did some activities! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it! - Alyana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Logan style _Logan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did what you asked- penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maya Bal - I completed the work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maya Bal - completed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did the work!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the work!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Garrett did the work last night. He posted a comment i don't see it.
    Mom and Son lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did it. -- Marisa

    ReplyDelete