Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Poems Everyone Should Read

Acquainted with the Night -- Robert Frost
Little Orphant Annie -- James Whitcomb Riley
Barbara Frietchie -- John Greenleaf Whittier
The Duel -- Eugene Field
The Song of Hiawatha -- Longfellow
Paul Revere's Ride -- Longfellow
Mary's Lamb -- Sarah Josepha Hale
Sarah Josepha Hale
Sarah Josepha Hale
Sarah Josepha Hale
The Cremation of Sam McGee -- Robert W. Service
A Dream Deferred -- Langston Hughes (This is my personal favorite.)
Dreams -- Langston Hughes
The Children's Hour -- Longfellow (I like this one because it reminds me of my children.)

Do you have another poem you would like me to add?  Let me know.  I'll check it out and post it here.

8 comments:

  1. Those poems are long!
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found a good poem from Shel Silverstein ( Taylor and Alexandra)
    It's called little Abigail and the beautiful pony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found this. I'll share it on my next poetry post.

      Delete
  3. last year gwen found the poem the dream deferred......i think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Dream Deferred is my favorite poem. I share it with every class that I teach.

      Delete
  4. I found another good poem called Sarah Cynthia Silvia Stout won't take the garbage out (from Shel Silverstein)
    - Taylor Le

    ReplyDelete