Thursday, December 12, 2013

So Many Poems, So Little Time


His Day is Done -- A tribute to Nelson Mandela -- Maya Angelou
The Swing -- Robert Louis Stevenson
Sea Fever -- John Masefield
Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening -- Robert Frost
Wynken, Blynken, and Nod -- Eugene Field
Helen Keller -- Langston Hughes
Where the Sidewalk Ends -- Shel Silverstein.
The Say Hey Kid -- Sue Mason
The Land of Nod -- Robert Louis Stevenson
Jabberwocky -- Lewis Carroll
Since Hannah Moved Away -- Judith Viorst

Do you have a poem that you think should be shared?  Send me a comment and I will post it if I can.

Taylor & Alex recommended:  Little Abigail and the Beautiful Pony
Caitlyn & Leah shared: Homework Stew 
Taylor also likes: SARAH CYNTHIA SYLVIA STOUT
Mary enjoys:  The Silver Swan 
Alexandra found: The Meehoo with an Exactlywatt
Marisa liked two poems:  Poets Hitchhiking on the Highway and To Look at Anything. 

16 comments:

  1. a funny poem homework stew by Kenn Nesbitt

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI MR.P!!!!!!!!!!!YOU SHOULD READ POEMS FROM EDGAR ALLAN POE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing to do with poems but.....can you read the book Holes to your class,i know that they will love the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!you probably know that i am bord,now that i said that you probably know who i am.(i am alexia if you dont know)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely pick a book for the end of the year, but I don't know which one it will be. Since I did Holes last year with your class, I might pick a different one this year.

      Delete
    2. You should try a poem called Silver Swan by anonymous.
      - Mary N.

      Delete
    3. Do you remember what anonymous means?

      Delete
  4. I found a really good poem by Shel Silverstein it's called The Meehoo with an Exactlywatt. - Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. A funny poem called homework by Faiz Khan.
    Another funny poem called Funny...but not by Arianna Loshnowsky.
    Also, a poem called My Hero by Nathan Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a poem called True Story. It is funny.


    -Athena Le

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama said I'd lose my head
    If it wasn't fastened on.
    Today I guess it wasn't
    Cause while playing with my cousin
    It fell off and rolled away
    And now it's gone.

    And I can't look for it
    Cause my eyes are in it,
    And I can't call to it
    Cause my mouth is on it
    (couldn't hear me anyway
    Cause my ears are on it),
    Can't even think about it
    Cause my brain is in it.
    So I guess I'll sit down
    On this rock
    And rest for just a minute...
    (I will show you the picture in the class because i can't paste it here)
    - Alyana DG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the name of this poem and who was the author?

      Delete
  8. I found more poems called Boa Constrictor, Invention, and Creative all by Shel Silverstein. - Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. The author is Shel Silverstein


    -Athena Le


    ReplyDelete