Friday, March 20, 2015

Weather Mythology -- PBL

Throughout history there have been many different types of myths and legends about the weather.  These range from stories and legends to deities.  Please pick a few to read about as a supplement to your weather project.

Gluskabi and the Wind Eagle (Native American legend)
Why We Need Wind (Native American story)
The Bird Whose Wings Made Wind (Native American legend)

Chuqui Illa, Inca Thunder God
Njord, Norse Wind God
Susanowo, Japanese Storm God
Tawhiri, Maori God of Wind and Storms
Thor, Norse Thunder God
Tlaloc, Aztec Rain God
Tonenili, Navajo God of Water
Xib Chac, Mayan Rain God

Modern Folklore about weather
Myths, legends and folklore about weather put together by an elementary school.

22 comments:

  1. I like the "Why we need Wind'' story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. - Luke :) :b

      Delete
    2. Me three. -@lýåñä.(\/)
      ( . .)
      C(")(")

      Delete
  2. I did some links. - Luke :) :b

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a few folktales and myths. - Soli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a few stories.

    ~Ash C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the stories and folktales.
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a few stories.
    ~Caitlyn Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did some links.
    Athena-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read some stories I liked Thor
    Ethan N

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a story. -Logan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read some of the links!:)
    -Mary N.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read about Gluskabi and the wind Eagle. I like Native American myths. -Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I read about the bird whose wing s made wind
      ~Julie~

      Delete
  13. I did some of the links
    -Caitlyn Jio

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read most of the stories -Jacklyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did it Mr. Prola
    -Alexys Kim Do

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did it Mr. Prola. Allan

    ReplyDelete