Thursday, February 9, 2017

Fractional Recipe Assignment

Your math homework over the break is to find a recipe with at least 3 fractions in it and post it on Kidblog.  You then need to triple the recipe and cut it in half.  Please make sure that you type the list of ingredients neatly.  I suggest using bullet points or numbers.  I posted a sample recipe for you to look at under my daughter's account.

Don't forget to include the instructions for the recipe and the amount that the recipe makes.  For extra credit, you may choose to make the recipe and post a picture of yourself making it.  (You don't need to actually cook unless you want extra credit.)  Be creative.  This is a good way to share a favorite family recipe.

Iready bonus:  Those of you who complete at least 4 Iready math lessons over the break can claim an Iready bonus from me when we get back.

5 comments:

  1. Uh, Mr. Prola, can you triple a pinch of salt? I don't know if I can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Prola, how do I multiply a pinch of salt by three and one half?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pinch of salt would become three pinches of salt. If you are cutting it in half, you should use half a pinch of salt.

      Delete
  3. Oh and, can i redo my, " The Milky Way" bird brain article?

    ReplyDelete