Monday, January 13, 2014

California Gold Rush


Once you have watched the video above, read about the California Gold Rush.  Use the links below to research the answers to the questions on your worksheet.  You will need to use different links to find all of the answers.
Read about Westward Expansion and the California Gold Rush.
Read Gold Fever from PBS.
Use these links on KidPort to learn about how the CA Gold Rush began, the lives of the 49ers, and more.
National Geographic also has a good link about Gold Fever.

Compare and contrast the CA Gold Rush to the gold rush in Australia in 1851?  How were they alike and different?

If you finish early, check out this cool photo gallery.  These photos are primary sources that can teach you about history.

9 comments:

  1. i like this gold rush thing that we are studying - Johnny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I think the CA Gold Rush is one of the most interesting topics in CA history. (Don't forget to capitalize your sentences.)

      Delete
  2. I watched the video.
    ~Caitlyn Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the video. It's very interesting.
    - Mary N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the video -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the video Mr. Prola
    -- Alyana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the video Mr.Prola. -Soli

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched the video. -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete