Monday, January 27, 2014

The Life of a Forty-Niner


As you read about the lives of the 49ers, look for evidence that supports the idea that being a 49er was not easy.  Do you think some of them regretted becoming prospectors?  What is your evidence?

Keep reading and look for other evidence that supports the idea that you could strike it rich and make a fortune.

Post your paragraphs on http://kidblog.org/teacherp/.  If you can, include a picture related to this topic.

The California Gold Rush -- Life as a 49er
Life of a 49er
Journey of the Forty-Niners
Gold Fever
Social Studies for Kids -- The California Gold Rush

Bonus:  What could you learn about James Marshall and John Sutter?  Did they enjoy the wealth of the Gold Rush?  Can you infer what their opinion of the Gold Rush probably was?  How do you think they viewed the Forty-Niners?

Bonus:  Use Google to try to learn how to pan for gold.  Write directions in your own words summarizing this technique.  Include a cool picture.

8 comments:

  1. I watched the video
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the video the only problem was the song got stuck in my head!
    -Maggie Bowker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the video the only problem was the song got stuck in my head!
    -Maggie Bowker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Prola there was a problem with kid blog it wouldn't let me type so I could not write either of my life as a 49er paragraphs. : (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea who this is, but I will help you in class tomorrow if you see me about the problem. Other people have been posting their assignments. Are you sure you typed in your password correctly? If you can't get in, make sure you have your two paragraphs written on binder paper.

      Delete
  5. The life of a 49er is cool! -Soli

    ReplyDelete