Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer Updates and Reading Challenge

Hello again, students.  I am glad to see so many of you trying out my Summer Reading Challenge.  Don't forget to post comments with the titles and authors of the books you have read so that I can update the Challenge page.  If you are wondering what you should read this summer, here is a list of books that I recommend:

The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
The BFG by Roald Dahl
The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
White Fang by Jack London
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

You should also look over the comments that students have made about the books they are reading.

If you are interesting in keeping up with me this summer, I will post updates on my family at my old teacherp website.

18 comments:

  1. I finished my third book, Showoff. -Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think students should read
    Small Steps by Louis Sachar
    Holes by Louis Sachar
    OMG The Glitter Trap by Barbara Brauner and James Iver Mattson
    -Alyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's a bit late, but I want to sign up for the summer reading challenge.


    -CJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too late. Glad to have you participating.

      Delete
  4. I finished reading Frankly Frannie. Also, if you did not get my other comments I read Life, Starring Me! and Ray and Me. -Alyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read 5 books so far. They are Harry potter : the deathly hallows, The Jewel Thief, Jessie : New Nanny, The Twits, and Whatever after: Swim On. I will tell you if i read more! - Soli

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished reading my 7th book- Double Trouble Show and Tell. -Alyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finished my eighth book The Magicians Nephew. -Penny
    I already read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've finished my ninth book The lion ,the Witch and,The Wardrobe. -Penny
    I've already read this book

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read another diary of a wimpy kid book
    #8
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finished my tenth book Son of The Black Stallion. Penny. I have already read this book before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've finished my eleventh book the Black Stallion and Satan. Penny. I Have already read this book.

    ReplyDelete