Monday, July 8, 2013

How is your Summer Reading Challenge going?

How many books have you read this summer?  If you haven't signed up yet, it's not too late.  Just leave me a comment on this post and then update me when you finish books this summer.

Do you need some good ideas?  Here are some of my favorite books that I think every kid should read at least once:

The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
The BFG by Roald Dahl
White Fang by Jack London
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

If you have any other suggestions, please leave them as a comment on this post. 

(Check out your Summer Reading Challenge status here.  See what others have shared on previous Summer Reading Challenge posts.)

12 comments:

  1. I read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe last year and it was really good. 😄And by the way Mr. Prola, I read about 50 books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you read about 50 chapter books? Can you give me a more exact count? If you enjoyed that book, have you read the other books in the series?

      BTW, you should not have used a question mark at the end of your sentence above. (Sorry, teacher habit.)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and also I finished Theodore Boone: The Activist.

      Delete
    3. Sorry, Mr. Prola. The "question marks" were faces from an app called emoji. I guess it didn't work..

      Delete
  2. Mr. Prola, I recently finished The Voyage to the Dawn Treader, The Wind in the Willows, The Last Bridge Home, Rain and Fire, The Bridge of Time, 4 more Nancy Drew books, and Mockingbird. :) Hope you're having a good summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gandalf the PurpleJuly 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM

    Hello Mr. Prola! I am truly sorry I haven't read many books lately. My plate has been full with all my swim meets and dance practices, and I have been spending my free time writing, planning for the new school year, and reviewing school topics... A long time ago I sent and a comment about reading Wells Bequest,-which, by the way was the best sequel I have ever read- but the message was probably sent the wrong way... I think I sent another message on the same page afterwards, which probably messed up the messages... I also would like to recommend the book called Out of my Mind and all books involving Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't been reading any books lately .... What? How did this happen? Just kidding. Let me know if you finish anymore books and I'll update your status. I too recommend the Harry Potter books.

      Delete
    2. I just finished "Bridge to Tabithia". It was so sad and emotional; I was crying my eyes out. :(

      Delete
    3. That is a very sad book. It is also an excellent story.

      Delete
  4. Hi Mr. Prola, I just wanted to say I finished Nancy Drew: The Missing Bones. :) I also recently finished Thea Stilton: The Mystery of the Old Mansion. I think that's what its called and I'm too lazy to check anyways. Can't wait to see you again in the fall! Cheers. -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the hunger games ttfn and the 6 books of dork diaries( the hunger games series)!

    ReplyDelete